Monday, January 5, 2009

I love that Luscious & I are diet buddies...

Today was Day 1 of my shake/juice feast. Today I supplemented my 1L of orange juice and my 1L blueberry/mango/banana smoothie with a couple of pieces of fruit due to scheduling...I forgot we had a staff meeting and I didn't want to get really hungry, since I finished my OJ relatively early in the day.

Things are going well so far with the cats. They ate all of the food I put down for them this morning and only left a bit of their dinner from this evening. I'm pretty pleased with how quickly and easily they're adapting to their new diets.

Unfortunately, the Panasonic Grinder I purchased is really not working out at all. Its continuing to jam up and simply can't handle the bones or skin that are going in with the chicken (both really REALLY necessary for the cats' overall health!) I even switched from drumsticks to chicken wings today, hoping the smaller bones would be ground more easily, but I had even more trouble today than I did yesterday. I wound up giving up after I'd produced just under what they'd need for the whole day tomorrow -- I'm just going make a huge batch of the raw food using boneless chicken tomorrow afternoon to tide them over until the new machine arrives.

Luckily I found a reasonably priced grinder on amazon thats received really good reviews from people who grind up whole chickens/etc for their cats & dogs. I'm hopeful that this works, because I'm not exactly planning on purchasing a $2000 industrial grinder anytime soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Meat-Grinder-Ends-Cranking/dp/B0000AXDVK

Preparing their food is really something that I can't continue to do on a regular basis because its just too fucking disgusting. My hands still smell like meat and its really grossing me out. If i can get the prep down to once every 2-4 weeks, I'll be thrilled.

No comments: