Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Craaaaavings. :)

Today's Intake So Far:

breakfast:
1L OJ

lunch:
1/2 head romaine, 1/3 avocado, 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, salt & pepper, cumin, lemon juice
1 apple
1 banana

after work snack:
1 mango
20 cheezy almonds



Due to logistics (mainly the 10 million things happening in the last 36 hours, nearly all unexpected) I didn't have enough OJ on hand to make 2L like I would've liked this morning. I also had no bananas. I wound up having insane-ridiculous cravings for the not-so-good-for-me hispanic food from the bodega next to my school, but since I had an idea of why I was experiencing them (not enough CARBOHYDRATES!) I managed to (barely) ride it out with a couple pieces of fruit. I couldn't finish my salad at lunch today either, I just wasn't feeling it. I think my body is adjusting to the lowered fat intake. Woo! I'm actually feeling MUCH better now that I've eaten my mango.

Its so interesting to think about cravings as being both emotional and physiological. For the majority of the past two weeks, I haven't wanted rice or wheat whatsoever. My thoughts on cravings have been confirmed over the past two days. When my carbohydrate intake dipped too low, I INSTANTLY began craving cooked starches/felt starved -- and even though I had a salad (w/smooshed up avocado) in front of me both times, I didn't want it, because I needed sugar. Our bodies are incredible!

No comments: