Monday, December 15, 2008

Stolen Cell Phone!

So, as some of you may know, my cell phone was stolen on Thursday night while I was at the gym. I accidentally left it on a treadmill for no more than 2 minutes, and when I went back it was gone. After the initial trauma of being heckled by the ladies who stole my phone when I tried calling it, things started to feel pretty good.

I LOVE not having a phone. The night it was stolen I panicked and spent hours searching online, trying to find something to tide me over on eBay until my contract renews in February (iPhone time!) If I were to replace it with an iPhone through AT&T at this moment, it would cost me over $500. My roommate suggested I wait 2 days, and if I still *NEEDED* to have a phone, I could then figure something out when I'm thinking more clearly. Its been four days (even including a weekend!) and I've decided that I'm completely fine going without. In all honesty, the thing I miss most is being able to tweet at all hours of the (work)day. Haha.

I'm really looking forward to this experience!



Moral of the story: You don't NEED a cell phone. Also, it probably doesn't hurt to spend the $10 or so per month on insurance.

No comments: